Subscribe:

Nov 10, 2011

Is Buying a Used Car Extended Car Warranty Really Worth It?

Several men and women that are searching at the prospect of purchasing an extended automobile warranty for used auto, wonder if it will ever be honestly worth it. Is it worth it? It depends on if you have money laying about to use for expensive repairs.

I recently purchased a 2004 Buick LeSabre that had 74,000 miles on it. It is a rather big automobile for someone of my stature nevertheless, it rides like a dream. That is a complete other story.

At the time of this writing, I just purchased this auto 3 months ago. When I bought the car I had the alternative of obtaining an extended service contract for 12 months and understanding the markup that dealerships put on these items I would not even take into account it. My instant plans were to get a employed auto warranty strategy on the net.

Soon after all, I do sort of have the hook up on these items:)

Well, like the procrastinator that I am and my wife can surely attest, I waited just a little bit too lengthy. This vehicle was in pristine condition without having a scratch. Essentially, there was a couple scratches that I noticed soon after I drove residence and washed it. Small did I know that in three short weeks, I would be replacing a mass airflow sensor at the tune of $180 and a front motor mount that expense me $400 to have replaced. Turns out that these motor mounts go out regularly on vehicles that have a 3800 series engine.

So, I could have gotten (which I DO have now after the fact) a three year extended warranty that would cover most every thing on the car for only $290. Searching back, I will never ever acquire one other applied automobile with out an extended warranty. I could never ever purchase an extended warranty from a dealership, but I can guarantee you that the moment I drive off the lot, if not ahead of, I will be arranging an extended warranty through my favorite over the internet source.

So, is an extended car warranty worth it? I have verified to myself that if you are buying a utilized car, it is a gamble that you take.

0 comments:

Post a Comment